Over the past few days, a video created by CPS alumnus Shea Glover has been shared on social media over 88,000 times and has received nearly five million views.

Titled “Things I Find Beautiful”, the piece captures people’s reaction to Shea, the voice behind the camera, telling them that they are beautiful. She completed the video last spring – a capstone project during her senior year at Chicago High School for the Arts.

Now a college student living in New York, Shea shared some of her thoughts on the piece, and on the overwhelming public response to her creativity.

Are you surprised by the popularity of your video?
Very. I had no idea. I was happy and inspired, and just wanted to film beauty in my life. I film stuff like this all the time and it’s for me. I didn’t think a mass of people could be moved by it.

What have you been doing since graduating from ChiArts?
I’m a B.F.A. Acting major at Pace University in New York. When I’m not training, I spend most of my time writing screenplays, editing film, or practicing stand-up.

What do you hope people will take away from your video?
Whatever they want, I suppose. What I took away from it is exactly what I wrote in the video. There is so much beauty in the world. If you blink, you’ll miss it.