DISTRICT | July 10, 2019
Twelve principals were selected to join the Independent School Principal Program for the upcoming 2019-20 school year. CPS launched the ISP program in 2015 to provide high-performing principals with the flexibility to innovate and the autonomy to operate their schools.
The following 12 principals will join the ISP Network:
- Charles Anderson – Michele Clark High School
- Eileen Considine – Columbia Explorers Elementary School
- Jennifer Dixon – Palmer Elementary School
- Clariza Dominicci – Camras Elementary School
- Otis Dunson – Armstrong G Elementary School
- Angelica Herrera-Vest – Ortiz De Dominguez Elementary School
- Sabrina Jackson – Turner-Drew Elementary School
- Paul Schissler – Lara Elementary School
- Adam Stich – Hitch Elementary School
- Jose Torres – Marsh Elementary School
- Lori Zaimi – Peirce Elementary School
- Greg Zurawski – Coonley Elementary School
“The Independent School Principals program speaks to one of our core values at CPS: empowering our excellent educators to lead dynamic change in their schools,” said CPS Chief Executive Officer Janice K. Jackson. “We are proud to continue growing the number of school leaders in this program; it speaks to the talent, ingenuity and dedication our district cultivates among its leaders.”
The Independent School Principal program (ISP) continues to grow. Since launching, the ISP program has more than tripled in size and it now includes 99 principals.
In addition to providing principals who have a proven record of success with more autonomy to lead and innovate, ISPshave the opportunity to engage in a peer-to-peer professional learning space, where they discuss and share best practices. This offers experienced principals with the flexibility to grow their school community, and ensures they have the freedom to develop and serve our students for years to come.